A Decade of NIS bonus payments was announced by Chairman Chris Ford at the Christmas party on Friday night with an additional $0.30/kg payment to be made for all deliveries for the 2017 season.
This brings the final prices for 2017 to:
- $5.50kg for conventional NIS
- $6.80/kg for Organic NIS
- $5.80/kg for Organic-in-Conversion NIS
All at the industry standard of 33% saleable kernel recovery, 3% reject kernel recovery and 10% NIS moisture content.
Whilst each year presents its unique set of challenges it also provides us with an opportunity to improve on our performance and achievements as a business. In summary MPC’s 2017 report card looks pretty good as we continue to deliver on our growers expectations.
2017 report card:
- paid an industry leading price
- paid to full notional price by Christmas, now 10 years in a row and progress payments paid on-time
- shared company profits through bonus NIS payment, now 10 years in a row
- dividend of $0.30/share fully franked paid in August 2017. ($1.65/share over the last 8 years)
- savings in orchard inputs through the MPC buying group
- we help you grow and deliver more crop
- professional marketing through MMI, supporting both the kernel and NIS markets